Guidebook to the IngressaHundreds of worlds.
A score of aliens both bizarre and familiar.
Welcome to the Ingressa.
The Ingressa is a shared-universe story setting held together by its iconic group of world-Stepping women known as pergressors. It supports a variety of stories, from epic fantasy and hard science-fiction to subtle horror and over-the-top adventure. And thanks to its size and scope, the Ingressa also provides for crossover stories that combine some elements from any or all of those genres.
The Guidebook to the Ingressa greatly expands on what we give out in the Free Guide to explain all the basics you need to know about the Ingressa. Regardless of your interest in stories, the Guidebook to the Ingressa has something for you.
- For those who enjoy our stories, use it as a resource book to learn more about the universe in which they are set.
- Storytellers might find it an interesting storytelling setting and, if you do, the URL to our submission guidelines appears in the book.
- You can use it as a system-free campaign setting for your favorite tabletop roleplaying game. And thanks to the world-Stepping power of pergressors, you can also use it as a narrative shortcut (i.e., excuse) to bring beloved characters into a new campaign set on a world not their own.
- Every one of us who creates for the Ingressa takes a part and makes it our own, and with the help of this guidebook you too can make it yours. We mean it when we say, “History is written. Help create our future.”
The Guidebook to the Ingressa, by Mike McArtor, et al., gives you the following:
- 98-page PDF
- 10+-page PDF expansion available in October, 2011
- 10+-page PDF expansion available in February, 2012
- 10+-page PDF expansion available in June, 2012
- A chance for you to influence the expansion of the guidebook. You get a say in what Mike and Team RA cover in each expansion! Look for polls, surveys, and messageboard threads eliciting your feedback in the near future.
- Lifetime updates to the guidebook and its expansions. If something changes in the universe that affects what is written in the guidebook, we will update the affected PDFs and let you know, so you may download the new version.
A Look Inside Guidebook to the Ingressa
To give you a glimpse into what’s inside, here’s a look at the TOC as well as the first six pages of the book for free.
Table of Contents
|Using This Book||4|
|Two: Pergressors and Stepping||6|
|Temples and Beacons||8|
|Three: Ingressa Groups||10|
|Order of the Red Clover||16|
|Tennyson Delinoix Associates||20|
|Four: Ingressa Worlds||24|
|Short Route Worlds||49|
|Long Route Worlds||57|
|Five: Sapient Species||64|
|History of Colonization and Near-Human Species||64|
|Not Just Humans in Makeup||64|
|Magic vs Technology||81|
|Religion and Cosmology||93|
As always, 1% of our gross proceeds go to charity. Supporting us also allows you to support a good cause. For 2011, our charitable contributions will go toward organizations aiding the beleaguered people of Japan.